Dental Sealants Near You
Did you know that cavities are one of the most common health conditions faced by children and teenagers? When left untreated, cavities can lead to infection, pain, and challenges eating, speaking, and learning. At EverSmile Dental, we offer dental sealants in Bridlewood to prevent your child from getting cavities.
What Are Dental Sealants?
If you run your tongue along your back teeth, you are likely to feel deep fissures and grooves in them. These grooves and fissures are a great place for bacteria and food particles to settle and cause tooth decay and cavities.
Dental sealants are a thin, plastic coating that is painted over your child’s back molars to create a smooth surface for cleaning and to effectively “seal out” any harmful, cavity-causing bacteria by filling in those deep fissures and grooves. Since dental sealants in Bridlewood are very thin, your child will likely not even notice them in their mouth.
Benefits of Dental Sealants
Choosing dental sealants near you comes with many benefits, such as:
- Prevent plaque build-up: dental sealants protect your child’s teeth from bacteria and food particles getting trapped and causing cavities.
- Durable: dental sealants can last for over a decade!
- Easy maintenance: if a dental sealant wears out, the repair process is quick and simple.
- Painless: the procedure for getting dental sealants near you is completely painless. The procedure is brief- a liquid resin is applied to the tooth and dries within seconds.
- Easy cleaning: once your child gets dental sealants, they will find it easier to clean their back molars effectively because the sealants create a smooth chewing surface.
Interested in Dental Sealants Near You?
At EverSmile Dental, our dentist in Bridlewood recommends dental sealants as a way to shield your child’s teeth from cavities. Dental sealants are increasing in popularity, and for a good reason, as they can do wonders in preventing tooth decay.
Dental sealants are especially good for children who are at a high risk of tooth decay. In addition, they are an affordable and easy way to prevent the need for further, more costly dental care down the road. If you are interested in dental sealants near you, please contact our clinic. We are happy to provide dental sealants in Bridlewood.